Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My First Mother's Day!

I remember last year on Mother's Day, we had been on the waiting list for our boys for many months, and I was sad. I remember calling Emily, another waiting mom, and we comforted each other over the phone and across the miles, knowing it would be our last Mother's Day to be without children, but still wishing we knew who they were. Only days later, we both got our referrals. 

And now look! I'm a Mama, and it's kind of hard to remember what life was like before these fabulous little guys became a part of our family!


Mother's Day was lovely and laid-back. 
We kicked things off with a family brunch at our favorite restaurant.


Then we came back to the house, played with the boys for a bit, and took naps!



The best thing about the day for me was getting to be with my own mother, my husband 
and my kids for my first Mother's Day. I'm a family gal, so togetherness means the world to me.


The mimosa with brunch was pretty awesome, too! ;)

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you Moms out there....
that includes you Moms-in-waiting, as well!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

So cute. Happy Belated Mothers Day. A sweet day indeed!

Dana Cheryl said...

Awwww! So, so, so happy for you!! I've been blogging with ya since you were engaged and now you're a mom... Wow! Such extraordinary blessings. Your everyday life is such an encouragement to me. I sure think the world of ya and your awesome family. Happy, Happy (since they're two of those beautiful boys... lol!) Mother's Day! You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Lots of love to ya'll!!!

J said...

I remember the pain of those Mother's Days before I had Maya. They sucked. I tried so hard to be patient, tried to enjoy the time that I was in, since I knew that it wouldn't last forever. Then once I had her, that pain just disappeared, and every mother's day since then has been completely, entirely different. In a very, very good way. :)

Happy first Mother's Day with your boys. Enjoy them all. And yum, mimosas!

The Busters said...

I LOVE all the photos of you with your boys and your mom!! Sounds like a perfect day!! Love you and so grateful this journey to motherhood not only made me a mom but gave me our friendship! XOXOXO