Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Milestones (Warning: I talk about poop here.)

Dear Jeremy,

You've done a LOT of growing up over the past couple of months. You're daytime potty trained now, and you've graduated from your crib to sleeping in a bed.



Quite a few of our conversations are about wearing "big boy pants" and sleeping in a "big boy bed".  I'm really proud of you.

You have also made me the proud owner of three tiny potties. One for upstairs, one for downstairs, and one that I keep in the car in case you have an emergency.  One of my friends gave me the brilliant idea of keeping one in the trunk of my car, in case you have to go while we are at a park and there is not a bathroom nearby. I thought it was genius, but so far, you haven't needed to use it. I think you have a bladder of steel.

Also? I think you might be inheriting my appreciate for bathroom humor. Whenever you poop, you ask me to come into the bathroom, close my eyes, and then open them for the big reveal. Once I've looked, you enthusiastically tell me what shape the poop formed in the potty.

"Look, Mom! It's triangle poop!"

"Look, Mom! It's snake poop!"

"Look, Mom! It's tree poop!"

Seriously, your ability to see shapes in poop rivals that of the best cloud-gazers!

Once you show me your poop, I usually do some kind of celebratory cheer and dance. And if I forget, you're not shy about reminding me that you'd like some kudos for your good work.

What can I say, Jeremy? You keep our house full of fun, and your enthusiasm for life is contagious! I have a feeling (and I sincerely hope) that aspect of your personality is here to stay!

I love you with all my heart,
Mama

3 comments:

Aliaschick said...

That's hilarious! You must have read him the Everybody Poops book. Remember when we first read that at the B&N in Waco and laughed hysterically for over 45 min! Jeremy is definitely your son!

J said...

Oh my, what a cutie! Genevieve used to like to tell us the shape of her poop too. Her favorite was when she could make it look like a soft serve ice cream cone.

Does Jeremy have a favorite? I think triangle would be awesome.

The potty in the trunk is indeed brilliant. Though potentially smelly and gross.

:)

The Busters said...

So hilarious!! I love that you gave us a "poop warning." Even though we have never met in person, I can totally picture you doing a celebratory poop dance!!