Friday, September 10, 2010

Jeremy and Zachary Day!

We arose in Dubai very early on the morning of August 30, 2010 for our morning flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.


We landed at the Addis airport, purchased our visas, changed a little money, and got through immigration by about noon. As we were walking out of the airport, there was Genet! She decided to come to the airport with our driver Solomon to surprise us!


Travis, one of the Gladney staff told us to go ahead and get settled in at our guest house because he would be coming by to bring us Jeremy and Zachary in just an hour and a half! We made a quick stop to borrow a cell phone for the week, went to a grocery store to get some baby formula and some other staples, and then went to our guest house.


We arrived at the Yebsabi Guest House (which deserves a post of its very own--we just LOVED it), and were pleased to find our room just as we requested--with two cribs set up in it! This was the view we had from our balcony:


We didn't even have our bags unpacked when Travis called and said he was about five minutes away, so we went downstairs to the lobby to wait for him. Brian and his Mom sat anxiously holding hands. Brian was adopted as an infant, so the day brought back a some special memories for his mom, and it was so special to have her and my mom share in this life-changing moment!


Not long after we went downstairs, we saw the gates of the guest house open, and Travis' white SUV pulled through with our boys inside!


Poor Jeremy was crying before he even got out of the car, and Travis placed him in Brian's arms.


Then he brought Zachary out of the van and placed him in my arms!


We all moved inside to the lobby to just be together, take pictures, and for Travis to give us some information about what to expect during the rest of our week in Addis Ababa.

Mr. Zachary was his usual sweet self. He has some serious reflux, so we like to call him Mr. Milky Mouth.



It didn't take long for Jeremy to calm down...


...and soon he was asleep:



It was officially "Jeremy and Zachary Day"! They were in our arms and we were a family!


The grandmothers fell in love instantly!


After we'd gotten reacquainted with the boys a little bit, we all went up to our family suite (two bedrooms with an adjoining family room and kitchenette), and got the boys into some comfy, cozy clothes and just spent the rest of the day together.



It was definitely one of the most amazing and best days of my life!


Thank You, Father God, for bringing Jeremy and Zachary into our family!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this post and all the pics! So excited for Jeremy and Zachary Day!

Joanna said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I am going to have to pinch myself when I see Travis's SUV pulling up because I've read and seen pictures so many times! How surreal!

Ginny said...

Oh how awesome! They were always and forever yours!!!!! They are adorable and precious in every way. Congrats Mommy and Daddy!

Dana Cheryl said...

I didn't make it half down before I was in tears!!! Thank you so much for allowing us to share in this miracle.

(((Big Hugs)))

Laura said...

This made me cry..... so amazing. Thanks for sharing, Tracy!!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family!!! Your boys are so loved! You deserve this happiness, what a great post!

Best,
Laura xox

J said...

All I can say is that this reminds me so much of the day we had Maya, and yet, it's so different. But the amazement, the adjustment, the joy and pain, all there. I wish I could have been there to give you a big hug, but I know, I would have been in the way. Your boys are gorgeous, and I'm so very happy for you and the joy that has come to your life. xoxo

Bex said...

This is such a beautiful post. I love your pictures and the way you tell your story. I was absolutely moved to tears. So happy for you guys! :-)

Suzanne said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for both of you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful moment.. God is so good. I know Brian from my sister, Suzanne.. And crusade. I love reading these posts. Your boys are so adorable
Michelle

Judi said...

I always cry when I read your blog. I'm so happy that our amazing Father smiled down on your family, and made you the parents of these two beautiful children. May God bless you and your little boys always.

Judi

Anonymous said...

How very wonderful and beautiful! I'm so glad your moms are there to share this experience with you. The touching moment with Brian and his mom brought tears to my eyes.

The Busters said...

I had to stop reading this post several times to wipe away the tears! So beautiful!! Love your family so much!!

Unknown said...

They are absolutely gorgeous children!!!

I found your blog through someone else's and wanted to encourage you to come check out www.wearegraftedin.com. We are trying to get more folks involved there who are adopting from Ethiopia and other countries. We'd love to have you come by and join the forum if you are interested in fellowshipping with other adoptive families who love the Lord.
Blessings,
Kelly

Kelli Ugarte said...

Happiest day of your life....absolutely.